Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mommy Survived! & got a NEW job!!

So I actually have time to blog this morning while you play with your grandparents. Good news, Mommy survived getting your wisdom teeth out!!! I was so nervous. I've had 4 teeth pulled before when I was younger and delivered a baby ... natural!  I don't know what I was so scared.

I couldn't even sleep the night before but ended up waking up real early the next morning. { June 17 } One good thing about the morning was I woke up to a voicemail on my phone. I listened to it and it was Natalie, the girl who did the group interviews a few days before. The message said to call her back. So I called her back before I went into my appointment because I knew I wouldn't be able to talk after it. She asked me how I was doing and how my morning was. I answered and asked how hers was too and then she finally said I got the job!!

Mommy is now part of the Jan Dils law firm. I will start out as an intaker. I have orientation on Monday for two days and will start right after orientation :) Mommy is so excited. I was really hoping to get this job. It seems like a great place to work, with good benefits AND hours! The good and set hours is what I need. I'll start around 9 and work till 4:30. So I'll have the evenings with you. I hope it all works out and i love this job!

After all the excitement about getting the job it was time to go to the dentist. Your grandma ended up taking while you stayed with your daddy. I couldn't even eat so I went to the appointment with an empty stomach { bad idea }. As soon as I got there they were ready to start. My heart was beating so fast. 

I chose to be awake during it so they had me lay down and gave me some laughing gas. They told me to breathe in and out, deep, through my nose. They then put numbing stuff on my gums around my wisdom teeth. My body started to get tingly, even my toes. I then felt so relaxed and just laid there wanting to sleep while I listened to everyone around me. Thank god for laughing gas. I didn't feel scared anymore.

Dr. Tebay came in and asked how I was and if I was ready. I don't even think I said anything. He then started numbing me. That hurt a little I remember feeling some stinging. It felt like he was putting shots everywhere in my mouth. After he was done I said, "You already took my wisdom teeth out?" He laughed and said "No, I'm not that good". Crazy mommy thought the whole thing was over with.

My mouth started to feel numb. I really hate that feeling. He then filled in two fillings. Then it was time to take my wisdom teeth out. I didn't feel any pain at all. Just a lot of pressure. My last took broke so that took a lil longer but he was all done within 5 minutes. Honestly, it wasn't bad at all, just felt pressure. It's funny because that's exactly how I would explain labor too.

They stuffed my mouth with gauze and took my laughing gas off and let me lay there. All of a sudden a felt awake and started panicking. My eyes got huge and I started shaking and got real cold. It was weird. One of the ladies gave me coke to drink and I felt better. 

They told me it was ok to leave so your grandma and I left. I was so numb and had to hold ice on my cheek. I just felt so weird. And I couldn't talk or drink anything. Everything just kept coming right out of my mouth. I bet I looked a mess. I came home and laid around most of the day and worked on homework. 

By the evening I felt a lot better. I took a shower and your daddy and I went out to get stuff done. Your daddy took me through Tim Hortons to get soup because it was the only thing I could eat. And the only thing I had eaten all day. After that we headed to KMart and bought our tv and wall mount. We headed to the house and you were there with your grandparents already. We got the tv on the wall and it looks so good! Getting more and more excited.

Your great grandma's here to go shopping so I'm going to stop here and start getting ready. I'll try and write to you later today. I'm going to leave you with two pictures I took after getting my wisdom teeth out. I didn't swell too bad but you can so how rough I looked after.

don't mind how bad mommy looks. and how dirty the mirror is too.



No comments:

Post a Comment