Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Birthday Party!

I can't believe that your birthday and party has already passed and you've been a year old for over a week now!! You know that mommy was hoping time would slow down and that just would never come, but it did and mommy is still so in love with her big girl now! And I'm SO happy on how great the birthday party went! {By the way this post is going to have lots of pictures}


On Friday, the night before your party, your daddy and I waited until last minute to get everything done .. of course. Even through college your daddy and I waited until the very last minute to write a paper or study. Hopefully you're not like that. 


We dropped you off at your grandparents house and we headed to the daycare to start decorating. Well, we ended up staying there till 5AM!!! I was exhausted but a lot of our decorations we made and we also had to make two trips to Wal Mart. The first time we drove to Wal Mart we got all the way there and I forgot my purse.. ooops. We had to drive all the back and to Wal Mart again, but we got what we needed. And we got mostly everything set up. We went home to pass out .. for only 3 hours.


We got up early and got ready and headed back to the daycare to do some last minute things. Your daddy did most if it while I went and picked up your birthday cake, cupcakes and balloons. I loved them!! I got the cake idea straight from Pinterest - here.


We got the desert table set and the other ones, and everything looked GREAT put together. Gary made a huge one that he cut out of cardboard and put tissue paper on. We wanted to add orange but since we waited last minute and headed to Wal Mart in the middle of the night, they didn't have any there. But it still looked pretty. We found how to make the one here. I made kind of a ribbon back drop behind the cake. I wanted to put it all the way across but, I ran out of ribbon and just had to put a few. We also made the Happy Birthday bunting banner. That was easier than I thought, bc we didn't sew .. just used fabric glue.




Around 1 everyone started showing up. There ended up being a lot of people there. Even your family from VA Beach came to see you. Unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures, I feel horrible. Your Aunt Corina was in charge of taking the pictures for the day so we'll blame her. You got some pictures with some of us in front of the desert table before everyone started eating.




Everyone played around and ate. Then it was time to sing you Happy Birthday. You weren't too happy when they took the cake away from you to cut it. But you enjoyed eating it when you got it back in front of you.



       





And then it was time to open presents. You def. got a lot of toys and pajamas!! & some really cute outfits. Thanks to everyone who came and for all the presents for lil Miss Sophia!











 After you opened your presents you started to get cranky. It had been a long and fun party and you passed out on Stephanie.


But you woke up a few minutes later. It's hard for you to nap when you know there's people around. So we had to get a pic with you and mommy and her best friends. Libby surprised and drove to see us for your birthday!! I'm so glad you FINALLY got to meet her. I've told you about Libby before but I'm going to have to write a whole post about her.. she deserves it :) AND she got you the most creative and sweetest gift ever!! She made you two CD's of the best songs and then wrote you a little msg about each one. She added little stories about me and her when we first met too. It was a great gift for me too! Thanks Libby!! Oh yeah, and I got her to start blogging! 


 I'm so happy with out everything turned out. I have a lot more pictures but these were some of my favs! I hope you had a great time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment