Thursday, April 21, 2011

6 MONTHS!

Sophia,
YOU ARE 6 MONTHS OLD!! I can't believe it! I remember thinking when you were first born was like "Ok, I'll graduate from college and you'll be 6 months, almost 7.. that's so far away. I'm never going to graduate" & now look. You are 6 months and mommy will be graduating in   like 25 days! I can not wait!! I'm excited about being done and getting a degree. But I'm most excited about getting to just be with you. No more leaving you. No more not getting to see each other every day. I've had to be away from you for more than a day since you were about a month old. It's been extremely hard and I can't believe we've been doing it for almost 5 months now!

 At the time it feels like the days that we are apart are so long and then when I am with you, it goes by so fast. It's all gone by so fast! But I've loved all of it Sophia. Even the days we are apart. Those days have made me so much stronger and has made the days with you so worthwhile! I just can't wait to be with you everyday without having to say bye to you on monday mornings. To have to ask my mom for a picture of you everyday because I miss you that much. Oh man, I probably bother her so much with all the phone calls asking how you are and all the texts saying "Can you send me a picture" But she does it for me, does it all for me and I'm so thankful for her for helping me out and watching you so I can finish. She is really the only person I trust watching you. She loves you so much!

She loves you so much to buy you a birthday cake for your 6 month birthday! A HUGE birthday cake that said "Happy 6 months Sophia" She sent me a picture of it. It's so big! And she only got half of it. Your grandma isn't the best at taking pictues.


Mommy's going to celebrate your 6 months with you tomorrow. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you today to celebrate with you. I hated that I couldn't be there with you on your 1/2 year! For some reason I feel like that's an important date in your life. But I'm just a day late, that's not too bad. Blame school. 

I wrote to you a few days ago about all the new things you have been doing. Nothing's really changed. Over the weekend you were able to sit up on my lap by yourself! You were still a little wobbly but you did it! It was so different to see you do that. I was so happy but it just showed that more and more you won't need me there to hold you anymore. 

Oh yeah, and this morning when I woke up I had two e-mails from blogs that I've been following that do give aways and guess what?! We won two items!!! I was actually thinking last night, man I've entered in so many give aways am I ever going to win one. And I wake up and I've won two! I think I won only because it was your 6 months and both the items will be for you!! Here's what mommy .. you won :) 


A pink crochet hat with a flower from Sampler Sweet Boutique! 


and monthly onsie stickers from Lil Baby Bumble Bee! I get to choose any style I want so I'm choosing the monkey one! 

I wish I would have taken pictures of you every month with something like this.. and in the same spot but I never got the chance too. I did for every week when you were a newborn but when you started staying at your grandma's it got kind of hard. And now with this I can start to take more pictures. We'll just start at 6 months! 

But look how cute the both of those are. I love entering give aways and I'm going to keep doing them! Well baby girl I could keep writing and writing.. well typing and typing but writing sounds better. I'm going to start some homework so I don't have to worry about it when I'm home with you.

I just wanted to make sure and write to you on your 6 months. I still can't believe it. I told everyone today. "My baby is 6 months today" They all probably think I'm crazy! But mommy loves you so much and I've enjoyed the last 6 months with you SO much. I am so excited to be with you everyday and watch you grow, just don't grow too fast. I'll see you tomorrow! And we'll take a 6 month picture for you since I didn't get one today. Ohh I can't wait to see that smile of yours when you see me for the first time. Ok, goodnight Sophia, mommy loves you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment