Monday, April 9, 2012

Our Weekend v.5

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a busy weekend but we had a great time doing everything. I always try and include Friday in this post but by the time Monday comes around I've already forgotten what we did. I used to have the best memory but after Sophia I feel like I've kind of lost it, has this happened to anyone else when they became a mommy?

Saturday April 7 //

We woke up early Saturday morning, got dressed and the 3 of us headed to my parents house. Gary made plans to go out of town to watch his college baseball team play. We wanted to go with him but we had lots of fun plans already for that day.

Before Gary left, we took a little walk down the sidewalk and through my parents yard. Sophia loves being outside.


He left and my mom, Soph and I headed into town. I feel like we did so much that day. We went to Aaden's third birthday party where we got ride a pony {sorry the quality is so bad, I took this with my phone}.


We also did some shopping and went to the mall to see the Easter bunny. Soph did so good in line. She even stood there holding my friend Stephanie's hand, smiling, ready to go. Then the cute lil boy, who was around Sophia's age, went up for his turn and he freaked out. He was terrified and screamed. I knew right then Sophia wasn't going to be happy. Her poor lil face looked so concerned and scared. It was her turn and we took her up there and she started crying. So guess who got their picture with the Easter bunny too? {The quality of this picture is bad too, I'll get the actual picture uploaded soon.}


& here is Sophia with the Easter Bunny last year. This picture always makes me laugh for some reason.


After our day in town we headed to our favorite mexican restaurant for some dinner. Gary finally made it back so he met us there. My parents took Sophia with them for the night and Gary and I got some movies and I actually stayed awake through them all. {I'm known for passing out through every movie I watch}. 

I also got to finally read some of Blossom by Kelle Hampton


. On Gary's way back from watching baseball, he stopped at Target to get the book for me. I was SO happy he did because I couldn't find it anywhere in town. I have been following Kelle's blog for awhile now. I randomly came across her blog and read this and from that post I started following her and reading about her beautiful family. She is amazing and she writes so beautifully. She also takes the best pictures of her pretty lil girls. Go check her blog out if you haven't already and I recommend the book. 

Sunday March 8 {Easter} //

Gary and I got to sleep in a little on Easter morning. It felt good. Sophia is a morning person so I never get to sleep in on the weekends anymore. 

My parents brought her over and we all got ready and headed over to my aunts house for Easter with the family. We all had a great time. It's always nice being able to be with the whole family. I just with Gary's family lived closer so we could see them too on the holidays. 

We flew kites, ate delicious food, had an Easter egg hunt and took lots of pictures. The weather was perfect for it all. Everything was perfect except for all the bumble bees. I looked like a crazy woman running and ducking from all of them. My dad came to the rescue though and swatted at them all for me. Sophia also enjoyed her first marshmallow peep and her first reese cup. 


{I will add the rest of the Easter pictures in a different post}
Sophia didn't take any naps all day so she was a little grumpy when we got home. After almost going crazy myself I finally got her to sleep. She was exhausted from Easter.


I hope everyone had a great weekend and Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment