Monday, January 2, 2012

1st Post of The Year

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a great New Year's. Not gonna lie but I fell asleep before the ball even dropped on New Years on the couch cuddled up with Sophia. Gary did wake me up to see the ball drop, but I didn't put my glasses on & just pretended that I saw it, gave him a kiss, and fell right back to sleep. This momma was tired. I did get some kisses from my girl earlier that night .. 




That's one thing I felt like I always was this year, tired. I know I'm a very busy girl but this year, 2012, I'm not gonna be. Even if I have to drink extra coffee and drink my first Red Bull, I'm not gonna be tired. 


Also, as I was reading everyone's New Years Resolutions I came up with a few that I wanted to do ...


>> I want to learn more about my DSLR & take more pictures, at least once a day of Sophia .. or anything. No more auto setting pictures. I got a new lens and I've barely used it. I haven't brought our my camera actually in awhile now that I have my new iPhone. But this year, it's coming out a lot and I'm going to capture everything. I would also like to have the pictures uploaded to my computer each day that it's taken. I always put it off and when it's time to upload them I have so many and it stresses me out.


>> I want to hang out with my friends more. A lot of my friends are still in school or have moved away so when they're in I only have a few days to plan something and see them. Well this year I sucked at getting together with my friends. Truth was I was tired from work and just wanted to be home. I was def. worst friend of the year in 2011. This year I'm going to make more of an effort to visit with them. Not only my old friends, but my new friends too. 


>> Like everyone else, I want to get into shape. I don't want to lose weight, just get fit. I have the shoes and the clothing.. and a cute water bottle I got for Christmas.. there's no excuse not too, not using tired this year. I'll just look better in a swim suit this summer and I can always buy more VS work out clothes = perfect!


>> I want to blog more. I don't want to ever forget anything about {our story}. So this year I'm going to try to atleast blog maybe 5 days out of the week. I want to use this for Sophia as her baby book since I never really started one. So this year look forward to even more stories, random things about our day and pictures of the baby girl and my family.


>> I would also like to buy a car and maybe plan for a wedding. I have an idea of what I want and I've wanted it for a long time so we'll see how that goes.


>> I want to change my style. I don't want to change too much just be more 'fun'. I always see clothes that I'd LOVE to wear but never buy it because I'm afraid I'll look dumb trying to pull it off or won't have anywhere to go in it. We'e heading to VA beach this Wed. so maybe this week is a good time to start.


>> Speaking of appearance. I need to keep up with it more. I have to dress up everyday for work and I do. But I don't really do my hair, or hardly ever wear make up. I actually haven't had a trim or color since maybe last March {eww}. After we get back from VA Beach I'll be getting myself a lil hair makeover and I will get myself dolled up more.


>> Go on dates with Gary. Gary & I are so busy with work and being parents that we never get to really be a couple anymore. This year I want to change that. Instead of using our free night to sleep and relax, I want to dress up and go on a date. Even if it's just dinner and a movie. We're going to get back to how we were before baby.


Well, I didn't think I'd type that much but those are my resolutions that just came off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more but I'm promising myself that I will do that this year. No more tired and lazy Josie. 


// Now what we did today. Hey, I know this is a long post but I said I wanted to document everything we do. My parents kept Sophia last night so Gary and I went home, watched Glee, and passed out. We woke up early because Gary had to work and I wanted my girl. and guess what we woke up to ... SNOW. Our first now of the year. I didn't get any pictures but I promise I will tomorrow, if it's still there. I showed Soph out the window, but she didn't care.


We hung out with my parents and decided to head into town. I dropped my car off to get the oil changed and inspected. Then headed to Toys R Us to get us a new car seat for miss Soph. We also got a a HUGE thing of diapers and some new clothes. Soph slept through the whole thing. 



We went to the mall after and walked around and got a few things. And now we're at our parents house opening some Christmas presents from Stephanie. I HAVE to go home and clean. I do not like coming home from out of town to a messy home. Have to go back to work tomorrow, but only for 2 days then it's vacation time. Have a good evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment