Monday, June 8, 2015

OUR WEEKEND + A GRATEFUL HEART


Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I've probably said this before but now that I stay home with the babies all the days kind of just feel the same if that even makes sense. The only thing that is different on the weekends is that Gary is home with us. The above pictures are actually from Thursday but I wanted to share them! We are really enjoying spending our days at the pool and we are all getting a nice little tan.

On our way home from the pool on Thursday I was driving home and was thinking to myself how good of a day we were having. We met up with friends at the pool, the little ones played, we had frozen yogurt after the pool and both kids had been good ALL day. So I was a pretty happy momma. I decided to stop at the store to pick up diapers and as I was checking out a woman came inside saying that a silver Cruz just got hit by another car in the parking lot .... of course the silver Cruz is mine. 

The woman who hit my car was standing outside and started apologizing immediately saying she was in a hurry to a graduation and barely hit my car (even though I could clearly see a little damage on it).   I'm usually the type that starts to panic over the littlest things but I was surprisingly really calm and just told the woman that it happens but I would need to get it taken care of. We exchanged information and that was it. I was really surprised on how calm I was throughout it all and I even forgot about it all weekend until now.


The next day (Friday) we woke up to no electricity. For some reason our whole neighborhood lost power. I needed my coffee so I packed up the littles and we headed to Dunkin Donut. It was the perfect morning to lose power and head to Dunkin because it ended up being National Donut Day. So I got a drink + a free donut. Gary met us there as he was heading out of town for work.


The rest of the (actual) weekend we just relaxed around the house. Saturday evening we went to a friends house, who lives in front of a dirt track, to watch the races. It was Jax's first time but because it gets so dirty and noisy we ended up spending most of the evening inside. We were there until after midnight so on Sunday Jax's whole schedule was off because he didn't get the sleep he usually gets so Sunday was kind of exhausting taking care of fussy Jax. He seems to be on track and feeling better today.

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

Today, I am grateful that I am able to be a stay at home mom so I can enjoy summer and all the pool days with my babies. I think that being a stay at home mom is something that I will be grateful every single day. I am grateful that the damage to my car wasn't worst than what it was. I am also grateful (& proud of myself) that I was able to stay calm and not panic over the damage.

Linking up with Emily @ Ember Grey. What are you grateful for?
Have a great week everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. So glad everyone is okay. And those donuts look amazing. How could you NOT celebrate?? Loss of electricity is the perfect excuse to celebrate ;)

    ReplyDelete