Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm Still Here .. Kinda

Happy Saturday everyone! Just getting on here to apologize for being MIA in the blog world and pretty much all my other social media sites. But I have a good reason for it.

WE FOUND A HOUSE!

So we've been packing and moving like crazy! As soon as I get off work I'm either packing, moving or cleaning. The whole thing sort of happened fast. We've been living in my grandma's old home that my mom now owns. She was letting us live there for free so we could save up and find something. She's the best.  Well the house is clear out in the country and it was nice but with Gary working nights it got kind of scary living out there. So each night I stayed with my rents. I felt like we were hardly ever there because I was always at my rents. And the drive to town kind of sucked so we decided to start looking.

We went around looking at a lot of houses but nothing really felt like "home". Well my parents live in the same house that I grew up in. It's in a nice quiet neighborhood. One of my best friends lived right next door to us and her mom still lives in the house. All her children are away at school so it's just her in this big house. She came to us and told us she is wanting to fix it up (even though it's beautiful already) and sell. 

After talking about everything we decided to buy it! It's right next door to my parents so Sophia will be able to just walk over and see them. I won't be afraid to stay at home by myself and it's closer to town for us. And I pretty much grew up that house too. 

We are so thankful and lucky to be able to buy a home that one of my best friends lived in before. And I'm happy to know that Sophia will grow up in a nice neighborhood and she'll be able to see her grandparents whenever.

So that's where I've been. We've still got a lot to do so I'll be spending all my time there. I'm excited to decorate, I even talked to Gary into having one of the rooms painted mint green.. yes!

But because of my absence on the blog I've decided to keep all the ladies who have ad space with me now on through June and will keep them on all through July too. I just don't have time to do any shout outs or anything like that this month. I will be emailing all of them to let them know. I won't be taking anymore spots until the beginning of July either.

Just wanted to get on here real quick and let you all know where I've been. As soon as we're all moved in then I'll be back :) Leaving you all with pictures that were taken at Sophia's daycare. {I took a pic of the pictures with my cell phone}.


6 comments:

  1. Your daughter is a gem! and CONGRATS on the house! I'm glad everything worked out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea on finding a house! That is so awesome! House hunting is so obnoxious... the only thing more obnoxious is the moving. So I definitely feel your pain. And oh my gosh your little girl is adorable! Just found your blog and have really loved looking around! I'm exciting to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding a house....or perfect timing!! You lucked out with that one!! house hunting is annoying!! Sophia is adorable! "School' pictures - that makes me want to cry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog!! I'm a new follower & love it! Congrats on the house & your baby girl is adoooorable!!
    -jen
    http://littlemissalizzi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new house. Im a new follower :)
    Kerry @ http://oh-so-amelia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete