Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TERRIBLE TWO'S, OR THREE'S?

I know they say to watch out for the terrible two's. Well, Sophia did pretty good up until now & she's almost three! I mean she's thrown fits before and has been but that was just randomly. Here lately she has not been listening like she used to and I find myself feeling more and more exhausted each day. We went on vacation two weeks ago and she started Pre-school right after so I don't know if it's because she has a new schedule but my gosh ... it's been rough. And I think it's just with me because her teacher said "Sophia is such a doll". 

She doesn't want to nap anymore or go to sleep at night. She is doing everything she can to stay awake so I'm guessing that's where most of this behavior is coming from. She will still have some of her good moments but here lately we're seeing more of the bad ones. She's been whining a lot too. I'm hoping that she will get used to her new schedule or get out of whatever mood she has been in because it's really wearing me out. I'm not used to this. 


See, I'm even getting attitude in these pictures. These were taken after she through a fit for almost 20 minutes straight. She kicked and screamed and threw herself onto the ground while all I could do was  watch. She ended up trying to pull a blanket off of my bed and her hand slipped and she hit herself in the lip.. and busted it. I wanted to throw myself on the floor and cry too. 


After I cleaned her up and held her for a little she was all happy asking if we could go outside. I gave in ... because I did not want her to throw another fit. Luckily this bad girl attitude has only been going on for about a week or two so I'm hoping maybe by the end of the week she will be fine. 

I'm just going to cross my fingers & breathe .... and maybe drink some wine. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, she will be fine very soon, might be she need some time to get used to the new schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most defienlty the age. lol. i have 3 kids and the age 3 was to most challenging. BUT the age 4 is a year of bliss ;)

    distraction. is my main advise. sometimes your right they are just sleepy or hungry or need extra attention ( oh course i do see how bc i am constinaly playing with them lol. )

    ReplyDelete